Wikipedia was launched in 2001 and is owned by Wikipedia. The domain Wikipedia.org was created on 2001-01-13.
- Wikipedia page for the Wikipedia.org.
Wikipedia a multilingual, web-based, free encyclopedia based on a model of openly editable and viewable content, a wiki.
- Internet Archive page for the Wikipedia.org.
Internet Archive is a digital library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites and a wayback machine.
Tweets by Wikipedia.org
When did you discover Wikipedia for the first time?
We have been around for 20 years now, and this month we're recognizing the 20th birthdays of the Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish Wikipedias.
Happy Birthday! #Wikipedia20 https://t.co/XbYn6bLP70 https://t.co/MttZoGBvau
“A grave injustice was done to American citizens and resident aliens of Japanese ancestry…” Two important reads on the forced relocation and internment of 120,000 Japanese Americans between 1942-1946: https://t.co/HQcoOs8UMw and https://t.co/cbfV68AM8c #WikiAsianHeritage https://t.co/O1DocIzxjF
Grace Lee Boggs’ career as a renowned author, social activist, philosopher, and feminist spanned over seven decades. She passed away in 2015 at the age of 100, but her impact on labor and civil rights lives on. #WikiAsianHeritage #AAPI #AAPIHM https://t.co/YIqbqnQ8bj https://t.co/83yOt5cAmR
Submissions from Wikipedia.org
- TIL that when people in the UK talk about eating “baked beans on toast”, they’re not referring to the US-style baked beans that consist of a brown sugar base. They have a completely different style of baked beans with a tomato base.by /u/thebiffdog on May 13, 2021 at 6:35 am
submitted by /u/thebiffdog to r/todayilearned [link] [comments]
- TIL Fridolin Andewert, a swiss president, was fat-shamed to suicide. His farewell letter reads: "They want a victim, they shall have it."by /u/Musatra on May 13, 2021 at 6:17 am
submitted by /u/Musatra to r/todayilearned [link] [comments]
- TIL the letters on hillsides were started by rivalries between High Schools and Universities as a way to mark their territory. The first three ‘mountain monograms’ were erected at Lahainaluna High, UC Berkeley, and BYU. They spread like wildfire in the Western US in the 20s and 30s.by /u/peridotwish1 on May 13, 2021 at 5:15 am
submitted by /u/peridotwish1 to r/todayilearned [link] [comments]
- United States v. Darby Lumber Co., a 1941 U.S. Supreme Court case that upheld federal min. wage and labor laws. Congress has the power to regulate interstate commerce, and can prevent states from using substandard labor practices to gain an economic advantage over other states.by /u/BETHINAETHNIC on May 13, 2021 at 5:10 am
submitted by /u/BETHINAETHNIC to r/wikipedia [link] [comments]
- Shaheed-i-Azam Sardar Udham Singh, he avenged the Jallianwala Bagh massacre by killing its planner Michael O'Dwyerby /u/a_barker_thigh on May 13, 2021 at 4:41 am
submitted by /u/a_barker_thigh to r/IndianLeft [link] [comments]
Wikipedia.org Interest by Google Trends
Wikipedia.org on Twitter
Seguimos actualizando datos en nuestro #visorcartográfico. Ya están disponibles 499 fotos nuevas asociadas a #edificios medievales procedentes de #EnciclopediaDelRománico, #GeneralitatDeCataluña y #Wikipedia. https://t.co/zvVkY95u23