Wikimedia was launched in 2003 and is owned by Wikimedia movement. The domain Wikimedia.org was created on 2003-03-16.
- Wikipedia page for the Wikimedia.org.
Wikipedia a multilingual, web-based, free encyclopedia based on a model of openly editable and viewable content, a wiki.
- Internet Archive page for the Wikimedia.org.
Internet Archive is a digital library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites and a wayback machine.
Tweets by Wikimedia.org
Our Associate General Counsel, Jacob Rogers, explains how an upcoming decision by the US Supreme Court could jeopardize the ability of Wikimedia users to share free knowledge. Via @techreview ⬇️
Their goal: To raise awareness of nature protection and human impacts on nature.
Here are this year's winners.
To join @BlackLunchTable's contest, create articles about five Black artists from a Bingo card.
Take a look at the rules, and join before 28 February: https://t.co/f818TqqXtw https://t.co/4UzaLPSGpd
Find out how to participate: https://t.co/NRAFXx1FxW https://t.co/vMde6oSl9y
How to join online ⬇️
Submissions from Wikimedia.org
- The flag of Chemnitz, the third largest city in the German state of Saxony, and definitively NOT the Ukraine flag.by /u/NewSpanishEmpireBall on February 4, 2023 at 9:59 am
submitted by /u/NewSpanishEmpireBall to r/vexillologycirclejerk [link] [comments]
- German crew manning Graf Goetzen′s naval gun. This was the Number 6 gun salvaged from the cruiser SMS Königsberg. Note the sliding breech mechanism, typical of Krupp guns of this period. The sailor on the far left is holding a leather ammunition transfer bag. (1915 or 1916)by /u/History-Guy111111 on February 4, 2023 at 2:01 am
submitted by /u/History-Guy111111 to r/wwi [link] [comments]
- Leonhard Seppala with his dogs after the serum run in 1925. Lead dog, Togo, on the left. The run saved the town of Nome and surrounding communities from an epidemic and inspired the Iditarod. Togo's team covered much of the most dangerous parts of the route and ran the farthest. [960 x 1200]by /u/jeremykunayak on February 4, 2023 at 1:58 am
submitted by /u/jeremykunayak to r/alaska [link] [comments]
- Oppositeby /u/ambigramme on February 4, 2023 at 12:47 am
submitted by /u/ambigramme to r/ambigrams [link] [comments]
- A Grumman Avenger AS.3 aircraft flying past the Canadian Majestic-class light aircraft carrier HMCS Magnificent (CVL 21), circa 1953. [1280 x 932]by /u/History-Guy111111 on February 4, 2023 at 12:32 am
submitted by /u/History-Guy111111 to r/MilitaryPorn [link] [comments]